[MMTK] Animation

Konrad Hinsen hinsen@cnrs-orleans.fr
Wed, 18 Apr 2001 13:58:23 +0200

> Could anybody suggest me a good tool to visualize MMTK trajectory? Which is
> the best solution and which is the simplest?

For scalar quantities (energies, thermodynamic variables, etc.), see the
TrajectoryViewer in the Tools directory.

For animation displays, the best supported tool is VMD. MMTK also has
support for XMol, but I haven't used it for a long time. Adding support
for other programs is straightforward, as long as they can read one of the
data formats that MMTK supports (sequence of PDB files, PDB + DCD file,
and of course MMTK's own netCDF trajectories).