[MMTK] mmtk/Python under Mac OS X?

Konrad Hinsen hinsen@cnrs-orleans.fr
Wed, 18 Apr 2001 12:01:08 +0200

> Just wondering if any adventurous soul has compiled mmtk/Scientific
> Python/netlib/etc. under Mac OS X?  I am guessing that any
> distribution that works under FreeBSD would also work with Mac OS X?

There is a discussion on the NumPy list about compiling Numerical
Python. Apparently Mac OS X has a rather different way to handle
symbols in shared libraries. The same kind of problem will occur with
the netCDF module in Scientific Python and with some MMTK extension
modules, which all use the same mechanism to access symbols in other
shared libraries.

I'll keep you informed on the progress with NumPy, I am fairly
confident that Scientific Python and MMTK will work as well once the
NumPy problem has been sorted out.