[MMTK] MMTK: Ready for Prime Time?

Vladimir Likic vlikic@unimelb.edu.au
Mon, 28 Aug 2000 07:20:35 +1100

Hi Warren

I personally believe that MMTK will eventually become the ultimate platform
for molecular modeling. I think it was far from obvious that something like
that could be implemented in a scripting language, but MMTK is a definite
proof. A system of tools built around a powerful glue language such as
Python has numerous advantages. Not even to count the advantages of open
source and active Linux support.

>I'm interested in finding out if (and how many) people are using MMTK
>for "production" molecular modeling work, and what their experience has

I am moving in that direction. And also following the development of PyMOL
with a lot of interest.

Vladimir

 Vladimir Likic, Ph.D.
 Department of Biochemistry