[MMTK] Installing NumPy

Konrad Hinsen hinsen@cnrs-orleans.fr
Wed, 12 Jan 2000 10:42:22 +0100

> This mail may be misplaced, but i am ultimately trying to install
> MMTK. I cannot get NumPy to Install. After unzipping and
> uncompressing the LLNL distribution pack, i try to run "python
> makethis.py" but I get the following error message:
>
> make[1]: *** No rule to make target 'usr/lib/python1.5/config/makefile needed by 'sedscript'. Stop.
> make [1] Leaving directory
> make: *** [boot] Error 2

The file that is declared missing should have been installed with
Python, so you should check your Python installation. Most people with
this problem are using RedHat Linux, which divides Python into two
packages, python and python-devel, of which only the first is
installed by default. If that's your case, just install the
python-devel RPM as well. Otherwise, I suggest posting the question to
some more general Python forum (e.g. comp.lang.python), stating which
machine/OS you are using.