[MMTK] Simple question

Konrad Hinsen hinsen@cnrs-orleans.fr
Fri, 25 Jun 1999 19:57:33 +0200

> Hmmm, the netcdf.so is sitting in /usr/lib/python-1.5/lib-dynload, which
> is in the python import path...I am using the netcdf-3.4-4..installed via
> rpm and verified to be in all the normal places (/usr/lib and
> /usr/include)...the checkNetCDF() call is the one that fails, is there any
> way I am supposed to tell python-netcdf where netcdf is?

No. Once you have linked the Python netCDF interface with the static
library (libnetcdf.a), it doesn't need the netCDF installation any
more. Your problem must be somewhere else, although I don't see what
could still be wrong!

Please try the following: Run "python -v" and then type "import netcdf".
This prints a report of where Python load its modules from, and then
probably stops with an error message which I'd like to see!