[MMTK] Simple question

Konrad Hinsen hinsen@cnrs-orleans.fr
Fri, 25 Jun 1999 11:18:30 +0200

> Ok, I got the PBD.py file and things are almost working.  Pythonis
> complaing that there is no netCDF module...yet I have install netCDF34.4
> from unidata and the python-netcdf package...is there an env variable or
> setting somewhere that I forgot to change?

Start Python and type

   import sys
   print sys.path

This will give a list of directories where Python looks for modules.
The file netcdfmodule.so must be in one of them. If it isn't, then
you must either copy it, or add the directory where it resided to the
search path. There are many ways of doing that: the environment variable
PYTHONPATH, a file with the extension .pth containing the path in
/usr/local/lib/python1.5/site-packages (or something similar, depending
on your Python installation), a Python startup script that adds a
directory to sys.path, and possible many other solutions.