[MMTK] Feeding a Large Scale Application to Python

Eugene Leitl eugene.leitl@lrz.uni-muenchen.de
Tue, 15 Jun 1999 20:31:29 -0700 (PDT)

SPaSM is probably old news to most of you, but still:

http://sunsite.auc.dk/www.python.org/ftp/www.python.org/workshops/1997-10/proceedings/beazley.html

Abstract

We describe our experiences using Python with the SPaSM molecular dynamics
code at Los Alamos National Laboratory. Originally developed as a large
monolithic application for massively parallel processing systems, we have
used Python to transform our application into a flexible, highly modular, and
extremely powerful system for performing simulation, data analysis, and
visualization. In addition, we describe how Python has solved a number of
important problems related to the development, debugging, deployment, and
maintenance of scientific software.