[MMTK] ImportError: No module named PDB

Konrad Hinsen hinsen@cnrs-orleans.fr
Mon, 14 Jun 1999 10:26:58 +0200

> I've had time to tinker with mmtk1.2b1.tar.gz under Linux (glibc)
> recemt;u, which now seems to compile allright. However, I get the
> following error when trying to run any of the demos in Examples/ :

>   File "./ConfigIO.py", line 10, in ?
>     import PDB, VRML
> ImportError: No module named PDB
>
> It seems to be missing PDB in all cases. I've got the following

The module PDB is not part of MMTK, but of my Scientific Python package.
For MMTK 1.2 (or earlier), you need version 1.0 of ScientificPython,
whereas MMTK 2.0 needs ScientificPython 2.0.

For those who want to play with MMTK 2 but continue to use MMTK 1.2
for real work, there is no problem: you can install MMTK 1.2 and 2.0,
as well as ScientificPython 1.0 and 2.0, on the same machine; they
coexist without problems.

Finally, for those who picked up MMTK 2.0 alpha more than about a week
ago, let me add the warning that there was a bug in the Ewald
summation code that produced wrong results. If you use Ewald sums, use
MMTK 2.0a7 (the current version) or any future version.