[MMTK] ImportError: No module named PDB

Eugene Leitl eugene.leitl@lrz.uni-muenchen.de
Sat, 12 Jun 1999 04:53:22 -0700 (PDT)

I've had time to tinker with mmtk1.2b1.tar.gz under Linux (glibc)
recemt;u, which now seems to compile allright. However, I get the
following error when trying to run any of the demos in Examples/ :

eugene.leitl@lrz:~/download/mmtk/mmtk > python Examples/solvent.py
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "Examples/solvent.py", line 9, in ?
    from mmtk import *
  File "./mmtk.py", line 13, in ?
    from Universe import InfiniteUniverse, OrthorhombicPeriodicUniverse, \
  File "./Universe.py", line 10, in ?
    import ChemicalObjects, Collection, ForceField, RandomStuff, Utility, \
  File "./ChemicalObjects.py", line 10, in ?
    import Bonds, Collection, ConfigIO, Database, Utility, Visualization
  File "./Collection.py", line 7, in ?
    import ConfigIO, Geometry, Utility, Units, Variables, Visualization
  File "./ConfigIO.py", line 10, in ?
    import PDB, VRML
ImportError: No module named PDB

It seems to be missing PDB in all cases. I've got the following variables set:

eugene.leitl@lrz:~/download/mmtk/mmtk > echo $MMTKPATH $PYTHONPATH $PDBVIEWER
/home/eugene.leitl/download/mmtk/mmtk/ /home/eugene.leitl/download/mmtk/mmtk/ rasmol

Since MMTK-2.0a compiles and runs flawlessly this isn't a problem for me.