[MMTK] missing libnetcdf.so & other desasters

Konrad Hinsen hinsen@cnrs-orleans.fr
Wed, 19 May 1999 12:07:29 +0200

> I believe you need to install the "python-devel" RPM.  From
> Oliver Andrich's site (mind the line fold):
>
> http://andrich.net/cgi-bin/inspect.py?file=/var/www/virtualdomains
> /andrich/www/python/files/python-devel-1.5.2-2.i386.rpm
> | The always helpful and required Makefile.pre.in can be found in
> | the documentation directory of this package in /usr/doc
>
> (Though why it's in /user/doc is a question I cannot answer.)

It isn't, it's precisely where it belongs. That's a documentation bug ;-)

> Hmmm, looking at that source -- Konrad, here's a few change
> suggestions:

Thanks, I'll use these for MMTK 2. I just have to check when
exactly these modules were introduced; Python is evolving much too
quickly for my taste ;-)