[MMTK] winXX

Konrad Hinsen hinsen@cnrs-orleans.fr
Tue, 16 Mar 1999 20:00:16 +0100

>  Yes. There are clear indications that a "release early, release often"
> strategy contributes to the success of open source software (see Eric
> Raymond's Cathedral and the Bazaar paper).

That is certainly true in general. But preparing releases and the
minimal necessary documentation (e.g. a change log) also takes time,
which is lost for development. It is not so obvious where the optimum
is - just in case someone is looking for a research problem...

I'll try to have an alpha release ready by next week. To be prepared,
make sure you have Python 1.5 (or higher) and netCDF 3.0 (or higher).
There will be two packages to be installed, "Scientific" (my basic
collection of scientific code, recently transformed into a package),
and "MMTK", of course.