apply/findTransformation

Lutz.Ehrlich@EMBL-Heidelberg.de Lutz.Ehrlich@EMBL-Heidelberg.de
Tue, 9 Jun 1998 11:22:31 +0200 (MDT)

Hi all,

profiling my MMTK-based code, I found that for the particular thing I'm
doing, I used up most of the runtime in the findTransformation; even more
for the applyTransformation call. I'm using this on a protein of ~3000
atoms. As this is just the beginning, I wondered whether anybody had
written a C version of the respective Collection.py methods
(find/applyTransformation) ? With things like LAPACK++, it shouldn't be a
big deal (BTW: Has anybody already linked C++ as a Python extensions?
Where's the gotchas?). If nobody has, I might give it a try...

Cheers,
	Lutz

Lutz Ehrlich		email:	lutz.ehrlich@embl-heidelberg.de
EMBL			web  :  http://www.embl-heidelberg.de/~ehrlich
Meyerhofstr. 1
D-69012 Heidelberg	phone: +49-6221-387-140
Germany			fax  : +49-6221-387-517