installing netcdfmodule

Lutz.Ehrlich@EMBL-Heidelberg.de Lutz.Ehrlich@EMBL-Heidelberg.de
Thu, 4 Jun 1998 09:45:24 +0200 (MDT)

Hi Glen,

make sure you get the latest netCDF module tar.gz file from Konrad.
The current version is 1.03

There should be a 'Setup' file in the respective directory.
1) Make sure that you fix the line
	netcdf netcdfmodule.c -lnetcd
to sthg like
 netcdf -I/usr/local/include -L/usr/local/lib  netcdfmodule.c -lnetcdf

Replace /usr/local/ with the actual location of the netcdf installation
(/usr/local should be fine if you did the vanilla default install).

2) copy over the Makefile.pre.in from
	/usr/local/lib/python1.5/config/Makefile.pre.in

3) do a 'make -f Makefile.pre.in boot'

4) do a 'make'

5) Try the thing out with 'python netcdf_demo.py'

6) If 5) works, copy the resulting netcdfmodule.so into your
PYTHONPATH

That should be all. I think Konrad is actually working on a nicer
installation mechanism (hi Konrad ;-)

Cheers,
	Lutz

Lutz Ehrlich		email:	lutz.ehrlich@embl-heidelberg.de
EMBL			web  :  http://www.embl-heidelberg.de/~ehrlich
Meyerhofstr. 1
D-69012 Heidelberg	phone: +49-6221-387-140
Germany			fax  : +49-6221-387-517