Reg Installation of MMTK

Konrad Hinsen hinsen@ibs.ibs.fr
Wed, 3 Dec 1997 10:54:03 +0100

> I am very new to MMTK. I was trying to install it. I am
> working on Windows NT 4.0. As per the instruction I have
> already installed netCDF and Python (Python 1.5b1). I have
> also downloaded the Numpy.
> Now both MMTK documentation and Numpy say I need Makefile.pre.in
> for compiling them. But I am unable to locate the file.

It's in the Python distribution (Mist/Makefile.pre.in), but as far as
I know it's used only for Unix systems.

I think there is a binary distribution of NumPy for Windows, but you
will still have to compile the MMTK modules yourself. I have no
experience at all with Windows, so I can't help there. I suggest
you post the question on comp.lang.python; some Windows expert might
know what to do. The MMTK C extension modules are nothing special
at all; they are compiled like any other C extension module.
Konrad Hinsen                          | E-Mail: hinsen@ibs.ibs.fr
Laboratoire de Dynamique Moleculaire   | Tel.: +33-4.76.88.99.28
Institut de Biologie Structurale       | Fax:  +33-4.76.88.54.94
41, av. des Martyrs                    | Deutsch/Esperanto/English/
38027 Grenoble Cedex 1, France         | Nederlands/Francais