[elspy] Re: Fwd: Is this project alive

Greg Ward gward at python.net
Sat Mar 20 14:55:49 CET 2004

[Neal, sorry about the difficulty of posting to elspy-users -- I just
got sick of discarding all the spam and wormspew.  ;-()

On 19 March 2004, Neal D. Becker said:
> I see elspy-0.1.1.tar.gz 22 Oct 2002.  Is this project alive?  Or is
> the code just perfect?

The code is very much alive and well -- every piece of mail that goes
through python.org and python.net is handled by elspy and a Python
local_scan() function.

The project is not very active, because the code is definitely good
enough.  It's not perfect, but I don't have a lot of time to work on it.

If you're interested in using elspy, though, you *MUST* use the latest
CVS code -- there's a nasty bug in 0.1.1 that I fixed in CVS long ago,
but haven't had time to release.  (It's an uninitialized variable in C
that lay dormant for a long time, but springs to life under certain
OS/libc/Python/Exim/whatever combinations.)

        Greg
--
Greg Ward <gward at python.net>                         http://www.gerg.ca/
MTV -- get off the air!