[elspy] Re: [Crew] Stopping bloody German spam

Greg Ward gward at python.net
Sun Jun 13 00:40:12 CEST 2004

On 12 June 2004, "Martin v. Löwis" said:
> Greg Ward wrote:
> >OK, I've had enough of these racist (?) jerks who think every python.net
> >address needs to hear their opinion about... about... well, whatever it
> >is that they're ranting about.
>
> It's the Sober.H virus that sends these messages.

[...]
> A German publishing house (Heise) has reported about this virus, and has
> a list of possbible subject lines at
>
> http://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/48121

Ahh, thank you Martin!  OK, elspy just grew support for stopping this
virus based solely on the "Subject:" header.  That code is now running
on starship and mail.python.org.  Those racist pinheads will have to
pick on somebody else's mail server now.

Other elspy users: if you're already using the (increasingly misnamed)
elspy.execontent_simple module, you just need to "cvs up" and "python
setup.py install" and you'll be protected from the virus.

        Greg
--
Greg Ward <gward at python.net>                         http://www.gerg.ca/
When you make your mark in the world, watch out for guys with erasers.