[elspy] one more question

Greg Ward gward at python.net
Sun Aug 22 00:57:13 CEST 2004

On 18 August 2004, Eric S. Johansson said:
> in addition to all my other questions, I just thought of one more.
>
> I need to run with a particular group ID in order to access (read/write)
> per user filtering profiles.  will this be possible?

That would force the whole MTA to run with that group ID, which may or
may not work, depending on the site.  Sounds like a bad idea to me.
Sounds like another good argument for a separate daemon process.

        Greg
--
Greg Ward <gward at python.net>                         http://www.gerg.ca/
There are no stupid questions -- only stupid people.